|Registry Provider:||Demand Media|
|PIC Submitted:||Download Here|
|Parked Domain %:||65.26 %|
|Delegation:||22 August 2014|
|General Availability:||10 December 2014|
Many of Donuts' applications, including this one, seem to have been applied for using the same boiler-plate application in which the TLD is defined as a means of providing greater expression on the Internet and will be an open TLD without pre-registration policies. It notes its plans to adhere with all registration policies required by ICANN and its intent to have remediation and takedown policies clearly defined to fit within these requirements. Pre-registration verification will not be used and this as defined as causing "cause more harm than benefit by denying domain access to legitimate registrants." They intend to control abuse through "extensive user and rights protections."
Name Collision Issues
In October 2013 ICANN released their final assessment and mitigation plan for the Name Collision issue that was facing the New gTLD program. On 18 November 2013, ICANN announced the applied-for strings that were eligible for an alternative path towards delegation that would allow applicants to proceed without waiting for further mitigation research and plans to be published. 25 strings, including .business, were not eligible for the alternative path, and will have to wait for more plans to be published before continuing towards delegation.
Delegation and availability
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- ICANN delegated strings Retrieved 5th December 2014
- gTLDresult.ICANN.orgRetrieved 12 Dec 2012
- Announcement 17 Nov 13, ICANN.org Retrieved 20 Feb 2014
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 11 Nov 2013
- ICANN delegated strings Retrieved 5th December 2014.
- TLD Startup Information, ICANN.org Retrieved 5th December 2014