|Registry Provider:||Demand Media|
|PIC Submitted:||Download Here|
|Parked Domain %:||47.8 %|
|Delegation:||17 December 2013|
|General Availability:||05 March 2014|
.careers is an active gTLD that was proposed in ICANN's New gTLD Program. Donuts (Wild Corner, LLC) manages the TLD as its Registry and the company was the only applicant for the string. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 17 December, 2013.
There is also an applicant for .career.
Many of Donuts' applications, including this one, seem to have been applied for using the same boiler-plate application in which the TLD is defined as a means of providing greater expression on the Internet and will be an open TLD without pre-registration policies. It notes its plans to adhere with all registration policies required by ICANN and its intent to have remediation and takedown policies clearly defined to fit within these requirements. Pre-registration verification will not be used and this as defined as causing "cause more harm than benefit by denying domain access to legitimate registrants." They intend to control abuse through "extensive user and rights protections."
Delegation and Availability
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- The plurals debate is over as ICANN delegates 17 more New gTLDs, DomainIncite Retrieved 18 Dec 2013
- Pending Cases, ICC.ICANN.orgRetrieved 15 May 2013
- Objection Determinations, ICANN.org Retrieved 05 Nov 2013
- ApplicationDetails, gTLDresult.ICANN.orgRetrieved 12 Dec 2012
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 09 Oct 2013
- TLD Startup Information, ICANN.org Retrieved 24 January 2014