|Parked Domain %:||84.81 %|
|Delegation:||16 August 2014|
|General Availability:||25 November 2014|
.diet is a generic top level domain name (gTLD) that was proposed in ICANN's new gTLD expansion program. After a Private auction in May 2014, Uniregistry became the only applicant and now Registry Operator for the string. The application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 16 August 2014.
- Uniregistry, Corp. - The company applied for 54 TLDs. Uniregistry was formed by Frank Schilling, who is known as a domain name investor.
- Famous Four Media (dot Diet Limited)- The company is represented by Mr. Geir Rasmussen, a registry service provider based in Gibraltar that has filed for 61 domain name strings.
- Donuts (Pioneer Hill, LLC)- One of the companies created to submit its application for the TLD. Donuts filed for 307 new gTLDs, each under different company names. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
Delegation and Availability
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 20 August 2014
- Uniregistry Corp. applies for 54 new top-level domains...
- Famous Four Media Applies For 61 Generic TLD’s...
- Donuts Inc eye popping list of 307 new top-level domains
- Ten more New gTLD Contests Settled in Auction, DomainIncite Retrieved 3 June 2014
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 20 Aug 2014