|Registry Provider:||Demand Media|
|PIC Submitted:||Download Here|
|Parked Domain %:||38.87 %|
|Delegation:||04 June 2014|
|General Availability:||19 November 2014|
.engineer is a proposed TLD in ICANN's New gTLD Program. The applicant is Rightside/Demand Media (United TLD Holdco Ltd.). Their application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 4 June 2014.
GAC Early Warning
The application was issued a GAC Early Warning from the representative of Australia and GAC Chair, Heather Dryden. The warning system is noted as a strong recommendation on behalf of national governments to the ICANN Board that a given TLD application should be denied as it stands. Applicants are encouraged to work with objecting GAC members. The warning notes that the TLD refers to a regulated market but that the applicant has not provided for adequate measures to protect from consumer harm.
Delegation and Availability
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 11 July 2014
- GAC Early Warning, NewgTLDS.ICANN.org Retrieved 24 Nov 2012
- Engineer AU, GACweb.ICANN.org Retrieved 24 Nov 2012
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 4 June 2014