|Registry:||Motion Picture Domain Registry Pty Ltd|
|Date Implemented:||24 March 2015|
|Parked Domain %:||40.44 %|
|Delegation:||24 March 2015|
|General Availability:||06 October 2015|
.film is a new generic top level domain name (gTLD) proposed to ICANN's New gTLD Program. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 24 March, 2015. As of October 6, 2015 the TLD reached General Availability. In order to register a .film name, registrants must be a member of a sanctioned film organization. 
- Motion Picture Domain Registry Pty Ltd- This is an Australian based company that applied for .film and .movie. ARI Registry Services is the registry provider. Simon Delzoppo is the listed contact person.
- Donuts (Outer Avenue, LLC)- This is one of the 307 new gTLDs filed by the company. Outer Avenue LLC is also one of the companies created by Donuts to submit its applications. Daniel Schindler, co-founder and EVP for Marketing and Sales, is the main contact person. Demand Media will provide back-end registry services for the Donuts.  This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)- The search engine giant submitted applications for 101 new gTLDs. Sarah Falvey, Senior Policy Analyst of Google is the main contact person for the application.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 24 Mar 2015
- .Film Name Launches. Retrieved 05 Oct 2015.
- Aussies buy into new domain era
- Another 11 New gTLDs Won at Auction DomainIncite; By Kevin Murphy; Retrieved 13 Nov 2014
- Donuts Inc eye popping list of 307 new top-level domains
- Online Marketing Firm fishbat Inc., Breaks Down the ICANN gTLD Announcement