|Priority #:||305 - Uniregistry, Corp.|
997 - Donuts (Trixy Birch, LLC)
|Parked Domain %:||69.07 %|
|Delegation:||16 August 2014|
|General Availability:||25 November 2014|
.hosting is a new gTLD that was proposed in ICANN's New gTLD Program. Uniregistry is the successful applicant and now Registry for the TLD.
- Uniregistry, the company owned by domainer Frank Schilling has applied for 54 new TLDs.
- Radix (Dottransfer Inc.), a subsidiary of the Directi group that was created to apply for 31 new TLDs
- Donuts (Trixy Birch, LLC), has applied for 307 TLDs. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
Radix withdrew after a private auction that was administered by Applicant Auction in April 2014, which Uniregistry won.
Radix received a GAC Early Warning as an entire applicant, where each one of the applicants was flagged by the U.S. Government. This seems to be the only time a portfolio applicant had all of their applications warned. The issue does not deal with the technical capabilities or thematic content of their applications, but rather the inclusion of an email address associated with the US' Federal Bureau of Investigation. It seems that Radix included correspondence with this address as a recommendation with each of their applications.
On 29th May 2014, Uniregistry received a Registry Agreement signed by ICANN for .hosting after passing the Initial Evaluation.
Delegation and Availability
.hosting was delegated to the Root Zone of the DNS on the 16th August, 2014, completing the successful application for the string.
The Registry announced that the Sunrise Period for the string would begin on the 3rd September 2014 and end on the 3rd November 2014.
- ↑ Here are the 54, TheDomains.com
- ↑ Millions spent on New gTLDs as 11 contention sets settled, DomainIncite Retrieved 01 May 2014
- ↑ RadixReg. GACweb.ICANN.org Retrieved 27 Nov 2012
- ↑ Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 05 December 2014
- ↑ ICANN delegated strings Retrieved 5th December 2014.
- ↑ TLD Startup Information, ICANN.org Retrieved 5th December 2014