797 - Donuts (Fern Pass, LLC)
|Parked Domain %:||59.32 %|
|Delegation:||14 January 2014|
|General Availability:||16 April 2014|
.marketing is an active gTLD that was proposed in ICANN's New gTLD Program. Donuts is the Registry and manager for the TLD. Their proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 14 January, 2014.
- Donuts (Fern Pass, LLC) - This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Uniregistry, Corp. - Uniregistry withdrew its application for .marketing right before the release of its Initial Evaluation results, thereby qualifying for a much larger reimbursement of its original application fee.
- Tucows - WITHDRAWN in July 2013. It withdrew its applications weeks after Uniregistry, due to a buy-out by Donuts. Apparently, Tucows had cut its own deal to remove Uniregistry from the contention set; Uniregistry CEO, Frank Schilling, remarked that he would never have struck the deal with Tucows had he known that it would in turn cut its own deal with Donuts.
Deal between Tucows and Donuts
Delegation and Availability
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 17 Jan 2014
- Marketing Status, ICANN.org
- Two More gTLD bids Dropped, DomainIncite.com Published and Retireved 21 June 2013
- 104 New gTLD Passes One failure Three Withrdrawals, DomainIncite.comPublished 27.7.13
- Uniregistry Not happy About Donuts Tucows Deal, DomainIncite.comPublished & retrieved 6 Aug 2013
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 11 Nov 2013