|Priority #:||540 - Donuts (Sugar Glen, LLC)|
|Parked Domain %:||47.22 %|
|Delegation:||19 November 2013|
|General Availability:||12 February 2014|
.photography is an active gTLD that was proposed in ICANN's New gTLD Program. Donuts (Sugar Glen, LLC) is the Registry for the string. Their proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 19 November, 2013.
In June 2013, the two applicants for .photography, Top Level Design and Donuts, participated in the first round of private gTLD Auctions held by Innovative Auctions. The auction resulted in Donuts out-bidding Top Level Design in the .photography contention set. CEO, Raymond King, was quoted as saying, ""The applicant auction process was great, the software functioned without a hitch and all of the folks involved were responsive and highly professional. We look forward to participating in future auctions with Innovative Auctions."
Delegation and Availability
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 21 November 2013
- User Submitted, June 11 2013
- First Private Auction for Generic Top Level Domains Completed, CircleId.comPublished 6 June 2013, Retrieved 11 June 2013
- Nine More New gTLDs Get Contracts, Domain Incite Retrieved 24 Sept 2013
- TLD Startup Information, ICANN.org Retrieved 10 December 2013