|Priority #:||217 - Dominion Enterprises (DERYachts, LLC)|
|Parked Domain %:||26.05 %|
|Delegation:||22 May 2014|
|General Availability:||06 April 2016|
.yachts is a gTLD that was proposed in ICANN's New gTLD Program. The applicant and now Registry Operator is Dominion Enterprises (DERYachts, LLC). Their application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 22 May 2014.
GAC Early Warning
The application was issued a GAC Early Warning from the representative of Australia and GAC Chair, Heather Dryden. The warning system is noted as a strong recommendation on behalf of national governments to the ICANN Board that a given TLD application should be denied as it stands. Applicants are encouraged to work with objecting GAC members.
The warning states that the applicant is "seeking exclusive access to a common generic string .. that relates to a broad market sector," which Ms. Dryden notes could have unintended consequences and a negative impact on competition.
Delegation and Availability
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 2 June 2014
- GAC Early Warning, NewgTLDS.ICANN.org Retrieved 25 Nov 2012
- Yachts AU, GACweb.ICANN.org Retrieved 25 Nov 2012
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 22 Jan 2014