|Headquarters:||Prince Shaker Bin Zaid St.|
Building No. 26 Shemisani,
|Products:||ACQM Certificate & ISTO Examination Provider|
|Mr. Talal Abu Ghazaleh, Chairman|
The Arab Knowledge and Management Society (AKMS) is a Jordanian non-profit organization, which offers Arab Certified Quality Manager programs in partnership with the Talal Abu-Ghazaleh College of Business (TAG College).
The Society uses digital technology and an interactive teaching strategy to realize its objective in innovation communication and information technology. The organization also aims to promote research and development to keep its members updated in the field of knowledge and management.
AKMS was founded on August 29, 1989 in Buffalo, New York in the United States when a group of managers and business owners realized the importance and benefit of having an organization serving the business community in the Arab region. The society operates under the management of its parent company, the Talal Abu Ghazaleh Organization, chaired and founded by Talal Abu Gazaleh.
It was originally named the “Arab Management Society”and was officially registered in Amman, Jordan on October 10, 1990. The name of the organization was eventually changed to the “Arab Knowledge and Management Society” to emphasize its objective in creating a society of knowledge through modern management skills and systems.
The Society is committed to providing the business community in the Arab region with professional services in management using modern systems and technology. AKMS services include:
- Arab Certified Quality Manager Program (ACQM)
- Professional Training
- ISTO Examinations
Multilingual Internet Initiative
The Multilingual Internet Initiative is a joint initiative between ICANN and AKMS to promote constructive dialogue and create awareness within the Internet community in the Arab region regarding the technical aspects and policies related to domain names and numbers.
The AKMS believe that membership in international and Arab Institutions will widen their experience and knowledge, which is beneficial for the Arab community. The Society strived to become a member of several organizations since its foundation: 
- Chartered Quality Institute- AKMS received membership from the British Institute of Quality Assurance (IQA), which is considered one of the leaders in quality management. The Society enjoys the benefit of being able to receive regular data, publications and professional training related to quality management.
- ISO Technical Committee 176 In 1994, it became the first non-profit Arab organization to become a member of the ISO/TC 176/SC2 technical committee, which is in charge of building ISO 9000 specifications.
- ICANN At-Large Structure The Society established partnership with ICANN to realize its objective of enhancing the business management of the Arab world using internet technology. In 2004, AKMS was certified to become part of the Asia, Australia, Pacific Regional At-Large Organization.
- The Arab Information Club AKMS became part of the club on January 30, 2003.
AKMS also signed partnership agreements with various academic institutions such as:.
- Canisius College , New York
- The Arab Digital Economy Initiative with the Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia
- The Joint Arab Electronic Work Initiative with the International Chamber of Commerce
- Cooperation with the Center for Applied Studies in International Negotiation
- Partnership Agreement with the International Standard Testing Organization
- Membership of the Union of the Arab ICT Associations
- Cooperation Agreement between AKMS & The Saudi Management Society