Bart E. Vastenburg is Managing Director and Board Member at Holla Advocaten.
Prior Mr. Vastenburg served as Board Member at Stichting Vrienden Zonnehuizen Jeugd & Kind, Founder & Owner at PROA IT Services, COO at Cage Capital and Managing Director at Smart-Link M2M (a Cage Capital venture).
Between 2003 and 2008 Bart served as Director and member of the Management Team of SIDN, the global operator for the .nl top-level domain. He headed the Marketing, Communications, New Business and Legal teams, driving the company's strategy, commercial development, and public & international affairs. He and a few others were responsible for the introduction of enum.nl in the Netherlands.
Before joining SIDN in January 2003, Bart served as Strategy Consultant at Melexis Corp, a blue chip multi-national company, where he was responsible for the development of the strategy and the separation for their Dutch subsidiary. Previously, Bart served at UPC Broadband, a Pan-European multi-media cable company. As Program Manager (Corporate Development) he was responsible for the carve-out of the B-2-B telecom division in the Benelux, listed under the name of Priority Telecom. Prior roles within the UPC group have included Secretary to the Executive Board and Senior Legal & Regulatory Counsel for UPC Netherlands.
He began his career in 1997 as the General Counsel of Wanadoo (France Telecom) / EuroNet Internet, one of the leading ISP’s in Benelux.
Between 2004 and 2009 Bart served as a member of the ICANN ccNSO council, Chair of the ccNSO GAC Joint Working Group, member of the ICANN Budget Advisory Committee, as well as on various other ICANN working groups.
Furthermore he was member of the non-executive Editorial Board of DomJur. Mr. Vastenburg also frequently lectures at Internet forums and conferences.
Bart obtained his bachelor degree in Law at the University of Leiden (the Netherlands). After having attended the University Complutense de Madrid (Spain) in 1995 and having completed the Foreign Lawyer's Course, at Cambridge University (UK) in 1996, he graduated from Leiden University (LL.M, 1998). In 2004 he completed the post-graduate program in Technology Law, Grotius Institute (the Netherlands), and subsequently obtained an M.B.A. degree at London Business School in 2007.
He attended ACRP in 2008.
In 2015 Bart concluded the executive program Leading Professional Service Firms at Harvard Business School.
- ccNSO Liaison Working Group
- .NL Registry Update
- SIDN Regulations for Data Privacy Protection
- WHOIS and ccTLD Naming Policy
- Administrative Restrictions and their Legal Grounds
- Repositioning toward Quality of Service
- Landrush Numeric .NL Domains
He wrote an article in DomainWire
- Proa IT Services
- Cage Capital
- Smart Link
- Minutes ccNSO Aug. 2006
- Nederland Nummerdag, Min. EZ, 2010
- Participants ICANN Rio, 2003
- Participants ICANN Montreal, 2003
- Participants ICANN Carthage, 2003
- Participants ICANN Rome, 2004
- Participants ICANN KL, 2004
- Participants ICANN Cape Town, 2004
- Participants ICANN Mar del Plata, 2005
- Participants ICANN Luxembourg, 2005
- Minutes ccNSO Meeting Wellington, 2005
- ccNSO Minutes ICANN Marrakech, 2006
- ICANN Paris, 2008
- Learning in a Multistakeholder Environment: The Summer School on Internet Governance (SSIG)