|Affiliation:||Rome & Associates, A.P.C.|
|Email:||erome [at] romeandassociates.com|
Eugene Rome is a Principal and Founder of Rome & Associates, A.P.C., which was formed in December 2008. Rome represents clients in a variety of litigation and transactional matters, with an emphasis on business and commercial disputes, intellectual property disputes, Internet-related matters, and financial and electronic payment processing matters. He also regularly litigates and consults on complex domain name disputes and transactions, and is routinely engaged to represent and consult companies involved in domain-related disputes in U.S. and foreign courts.
Some cases handled by Eugene include:
- A mass typosquatting case entitled Namecheap, Inc. v. Amecheap.com, et al., where Eugene procured a $1,300,000 Judgment against all domain name registrants and parties monetizing said domains.
- A shareholder dispute wherein, after two and a half years of litigation, Eugene obtained summary judgment on behalf of the plaintiff in a shareholder dispute. Plaintiff was awarded $443,000 and a controlling stake in the corporation subject of competing claims by the parties.
- The prosecution of several payment processing disputes against banks in Hong Kong, Canada and the Philippines. In each matter, Eugene has successfully established jurisdiction over the foreign banks in the United States.
- In addition to his duties at the firm, Eugene serves as outside litigation and transactional counsel to domain name registrars, web service providers, lead generator companies and various other businesses in the webspace. His areas of representation include ICANN application and compliance matters, domain name disputes under the UDRP brought before the NAF and WIPO, trademark enforcement through in rem actions, disputes under the ACPA, intellectual property disputes and the enforcement of trademark rights before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Eugene also routinely defends cases brought under CAN-SPAM and analogous state law provisions.
- ICANN 51 Intake Form. Retrieved 2014 November 2.