|Affiliation:||Africa 2.0 Foundation|
Farell Folly is a communications & computer networks specialist who is pursuing a Ph.D. at the Federal University of Munich in Germany. He's been part a member of the NCSG since 2016 and has contributed so far in drafting many public comments for the community as well as many operating procedures documents for the community. He is also the Technology champion of the www.africa2point0.org, which was founded in 2010 around the belief that with a unifying vision and a focused “ coalition of the willing”, Africans can accelerate the development of their continent. Africa 2.0 is a Pan-African Civil Society Organisation made up of a community of emerging and established African leaders who share a collective vision for Africa and a commitment to finding and implementing sustainable solutions that will drive forward the transformation of the continent.
- GNSO Council, representing Africa in the NCSG
- Alternate Councillor at the ICANN 63 Meeting in Barcelona.
- Member of the Next-gen RDS PDP Working Group
- Serves as the NCUC representative to the NCSG Policy Committee
- Member of the AfrICANN discussions mailing-list and part of the Africa Internet Registry (AFRINIC) community
Involvement in other International Organizations
- Farell worked for the United Nations as an IT manager from 2016 to 2017
- He has also contributed many times to recommendations and guidelines drafting at the ITU
- Farell was also part of the team of Dr. Thierry Edoh who was awarded by the WHO for designing an ICT solution to mitigate drugs delivery problems in developing countries