Jamie Hedlund serves as Vice President, Strategic Programs for ICANN's Global Domain Division.
Jamie joined ICANN in January 2010 as Vice President for government affairs for the Americas. In his current role (Vice President, Strategic Programs for the Global Domain Division), he works on contracts with registries and registrars, and global public policy. He is also responsible for the organization's relationships with North American governments.
Education and Career
Jamie earned his bachelor's degree from Georgetown University and law degree from Tulane University. He has more than 20 years of experience in business development and public policy in the communications industry. Prior to joining ICANN, Jamie served as Vice President for Regulatory Affairs at the Consumer Electronics Association, Director of Public Policy at Yahoo! (2005 to 2008), Senior Corporate Counsel for Federal Government Affairs at T-Mobile and Director, Business Development and Chief of Staff at Level 3 Communications, where he "negotiated complex, multimillion-dollar transactions with large purchasers of bandwidth services and was chief of staff to the head of the EU business unit". He has lived in Europe and Latin America and speaks French and Spanish. He currently lives in Washington, D.C. with his wife and children.
- ICANN gets new lobbyist by Kim Hart (January 6, 2010), TheHill.com
- ICANNs Rod Beckstrom and Jamie Hedlund (February 2, 2010) by ICANNnews, YouTube
- ICANN hires new COO, moves Atallah by Andrew Allemann (June 2013), Domain Name Wire
- Meet Our 2014 TechProm Kings and Queens by Catherine Brack (January 31 2014), Center for Democracy and Technology
- In world of domains, .anything goes by Erin Mershon (October 8, 2014), Politico