|Email:||laura [at] quicktext.com|
Laura Brewer is from Los Altos, California. Laura and Teri Darrenougue work together to scribe the ICANN meetings on their steno machines. Teri and Laura have worked at every ICANN meeting since the meeting in Accra, Ghana, in March 2002.
She began reporting in 1981, and became certified as a CRR in 1992. Laura has conducted many seminars and events on realtime reporting and writing theory. For four years Laura was the chief examiner for NCRA's Certified Realtime Reporter examination at their San Francisco test site.
Laura was the 2005 U.S. Realtime Speed Contest Champion and has taken first place in the literary section of the Realtime Contest in 2003, 2005, and 2006.
Groups and Associations
She has actively served on many boards and committees for local, state, and national reporting organizations. She belongs to the Deposition Reporters Association of California, the National Court Reporters Association, and other reporter associations.
- Registered Professional Reporter (RPR)
- Certified Realtime Reporter (CRR)
- Certified Broadcast Captioner (CBC)
- Certified CART Provider (CCP)
- Registered Merit Reporter (RMR)
- Registered Diplomate Reporter (RDR)
- California Certified Realtime Professional (CCRR)
- California Certified Shorthand Reporter (CSR)
Honors and Awards
- National realtime champion 2005
- International steno speed champion 2007
Her outdoor interests include gardening, traveling, and hiking; According to her, she also enjoys cooking.