Norsuzana Binti Harun is the Senior Manager of Operations at Malaysia's national registry, .my Domain Registry. She also acts as the Technology and Innovation Department Manager, and has generally been working in senior management positions for 10 years.
She is currently leading IDN deployment operations, and the production of second-level IDNs. She gave a presentation on .my's IDN implementation at ICANN 41 in Singapore. She is involved in ICANN's IDN Working Group.
Industry Related Work
Ms. Norsuzana has served as the co-chairman of the Asia Pacific IPv6 Task Force from 2008 to 2010. She has also been a part of APTLD's Board of Directors since 2010; she is set to serve through 2012. She also participates in INET, APNIC, APTLD, and ICANN meetings, where she represents .my Domain Registry. She also participates in workshops as a trainer.
Since Ms. Harun has joined .my registry, the organization has successfully launched
- DNS IPv6-enabled registry system in November 2008
- Anycast root server in May 2008
- ENUM closed testbed in November 2009
- DNSSEC public trial in December 2009.
Recently, she has been working to implement DNSSEC in Malaysia.
She has a Master of Science from University Putra Malaysia (UPM) and a Bachelor of Computer Science from University Technology Malaysia (UTM).
- Presentation: MYNIC's myDNSIPv6 Roadmap: Roles and Implementation
- Presentation: myDNSIPv6 – Success Story
- Article: Laying the ground work for IPv6 by Norsuzana Harun