PO Box 4160
|Email:||info [at] picisoc.org|
| Andrew Molivurae, Hon. Chairman|
Maureen Hilyard, Hon. Co Vice Chair
The Pacific Islands Chapter of the Internet Society is the Pacific Island Chapter of the Internet Society. It serves the general society’s purposes by serving the interests of the global Internet community through its presence in the Pacific Islands. It focuses on local issues and developments, and as an impartial advisor to governments and the public on matters of significant interest to Pacific Island people.
PICISOC has 22 chapters in the Pacific Island region and more than 300 individuals.
PICISOC was formed in 1999 as the Pacific Island Chapter of the ISOC. Franck Martin is the Vice-Chairman of the Pacific Islands Chapter of the Internet Society (PICISOC) since its creation in 1999.
Since 2002, PICISOC has been conducting PacINET, the largest ICT conference of the Pacific Islands.
Special Interest Groups(SIG)
- Women in Technology (WIT)
- Geographical Information Systems/Remote Sensing (GISRS)
- Education & the Internet
- American Samoa- Hotavia Gingerlei Porter
- Federated States of Micronesia- Patrik Nilsson
- Fiji- Pauliasi Waqanokonoko (Matai)
- Kiribati- Pinto Katia
- Marshall Islands- Rito Akilang
- New Caledonia- Phill Hardstaff
- Niue- Inangaro Vakaafi
- Papua New Guinea- Arnold Lakamanga
- Samoa- Talatalaga Matau
- Solomon Islands- David Leeming
- Tonga- Edwin Liava'a
- Tuvalu- Opetaia Simati
- Vanuatu- Andrew Molivurae