Alberto Pérez Gómez
|Email:||Alberto.Perez [at] red.es|
Dr. Alberto Perez has been regularly attending ICANN Meetings since the Melbourne conference of 2001; which he attended representing the Spanish communications regulator CMT, for which he worked from 1999 to 2002.  Since 2002, Dr. Perez has been working for Red.es, a public agency in charge of promoting the information society in Spain. Red.es manages Dominios.es, the .es Registry; and the Spanish national education and research network, RedIRIS.
In 2007, he was elected as member of the CENTR Board of Directors, and his mandate was renewed in 2009. His current mandate expired in February 2011, and according to CENTR's statues, he is not eligible for immediate re-election.
Dr. Perez worked full-time for the Red.es Registry, from 2002 until 2004, first as Legal Adviser and representative at international meetings related to ccTLDs, and then as Deputy Director of the registry.
Since 2004, Dr. Perez's main task within Red.es is his job as Deputy Director of RedIRIS. Dr. Perez has kept his relation to the .es Registry, as he is in charge of international representation of the .es Registry in fora like CENTR, IGF, and ICANN, and he is also involved in policy developments related to .es.
- Deputy Director, RedIRIS / Red.es, 2004- Present.
- Legal Adviser, Red.es, May 2002 — December 2003.
- Member, The International Department at Comisión del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciones, 1999 — 2002.
- Audio-visual Directorate & International Relations, Comisión del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciones, 1999 — 2002.
- Lecturer, Universidad de Alcala de Henares, 1994 — 1999.
- Doctor, Law, Universidad San Pablo-CEU.
- University Degree in Law, Universidad de Alcala.
- Executive MBA, Instituto de Empresa.
- Bachelors, Colegio Santo Tomás de Aquino.