Carolina Matamoros Ferro
|Organization:||Hertie School of Governance|
|Region:||Latin America and the Caribbean|
Carolina Matamoros Ferro is an Industrial Engineer with a Master in Engineering who has worked for the government. Her work was related to the Transformation and Future Program of the Colombian Armed Forces. Out of that experience, she became aware of her love and commitment to the public service and as a consequence chose to do another master program, currently she is an MPP Candidate for the Hertie School of Governance in Berlin, Germany. During ICANN58 Carolina became involved through the Nextgen program, and through it, she made a presentation that aimed to raise awareness and to increase the urgency regarding the threat open internet is facing once it confronts the Security and Defense challenges of Nations.
Senior Advisor at the Capability Projection Directorate. Ministry of National Defense. Bogotá, Colombia. (02/2015-07/2016)
▪ Developed the methodology to diagnose the support activities of the Armed Forces operations.
Advisor at the Capability Projection Directorate. Ministry of National Defense. Bogotá, Colombia. (01/2013-02/2015)
▪ Advised the design of the Armed Forces for the next 15 years defining +400 capabilities.
Contractor at the Capability Projection Directorate. Ministry of National Defense. Bogotá, Colombia. (05/2012-12/2012)
▪ Advised the development of the first joint and coordinated prospective analysis of the sector.
Teaching Assistant of Organizational Strategy (TA). Universidad de los Andes. Bogotá, Colombia. (01/2011-12/2011)
Intern for the Structuring and Risk Area. Titularizadora Colombiana S.A. Bogotá, Colombia. (06/2009-12/2009)
ICANN and Internet Governance Participation
Was elected as a Nextgen for the ICANN58 meeting held in Copenhagen, Denmark.
2018 (Expected) Master of Public Policy. Hertie School of Governance. Berlin, Germany.
2012 M.A. Engineering – Industrial Area. (Scholarship - TA) Universidad de los Andes. Bogotá, Colombia.
2011 B.A. Industrial Engineering. Universidad de los Andes. Bogotá, Colombia.
• “Visión de Futuro de las Fuerzas Armadas” of the Ministry of National Defense. (2016)
• “Transformación y Futuro de la Fuerza Pública” of the Ministry of National Defense. (2015)
• “Memorias del Foro Internacional Transformación y Futuro de la Fuerza Pública el Modelo Colombiano y la Experiencia Internacional” of the Ministry of National Defense. (2014)
• “Medición de la eficiencia de plantas hidroeléctricas latinoamericanas mediante el método Análisis Envolvente de Datos (DEA)”. Speaker at the XXI Symposium of Statistics of the Universidad Nacional. (2010)