|Founder(s):||Alexander Schubert, Scott Seitz|
|Headquarters:||307 Seventh Avenue Suite 1807 |
New York, NY 10001
| Scott Seitz, CEO|
Alexander Schubert, Partner
dotgay LLC is a California company applying for the .gay Community TLD with ICANN to serve as registry operator. The company was founded by Alexander Schubert and Scott Seitz. Scott is also the founder of SPI Marketing, an agency focused on the gay community. dotgay LLC is endorsed by more than 185 LGBTQIA organizations in the United States and Internationally and it is dedicated to utilizing the .gay TLD for the benefit of the gay community. The company plans to donate 67% of its registry operations profit to non-profit gay community organizations, which will be allocated by an independent board of directors separate from dotgay LLC.
In an interview, Seitz said that he is expecting to spend around $2 million for the .gay TLD application to secure and implement the TLD. His estimate included expenses related to possible defense mechanisms the company needs from anti-gay advocates and governments such as the Vatican, Uganda and Iran.
dotgay LLC aims to develop online presence dedicated for the gay community worldwide and address their primary needs; Safety, Visibility and Support.
Affiliations and Endorsements
dotgay LLC is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA), the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, New York (NGLCCNY)  and is an LGBTBE Certified enterprise. It is also endorsed by numerous gay community organizations engaged in civil rights, business, travel, entertainment and media industries around the world including UN accredited LGBT organizations. The list of endorsements received by dotgay LLC is available here
dotgay LLC Team
- Carl Pritzkat, Mediapolis
- Alan Emtage, Mediapolis
dotgay Application Advisory Group (dAAG)
- Johanne H. Gaudreault, Coalition Gaie et Lesbienne du Québec (CGLQ)- Canada
- R. Bruce McDonald, Canadian Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)- Canada
- Toni Reis, Associação Brasileira de Lésbicas, Gays, Bissexuais, Travestis e Transexuais (ABGLT)- Brazil
- Renato Sabbadini and Sebastian Rocco, International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA)- Brussels
- Ivan Scalfarotto Parks – Liberi e Uguali-Italy
- Sunil Pant, Blue Diamond Society-Nepal
- Jan-Willem de Bruin,COC- Netherlands
- Steve Farrow, Rainbow Wellington- New Zealand
- J. Kevin Jones, Jr., Out & Equal Workplace Advocates- USA
- Avri Doria- USA
- About dotgay LLC
- Neustar wins .gay contract
- Community readies for dot-gay domain
- dotgay LLC's mission
- Dot Gay Alliance Announces Plans for .GAY TLD, Profits to Fund LGBT Civil Rights - Note from dotgay LLC in Oct 2013: This is a reference to an organization that folded years ago; dotgay LLC is leaving the post for transparency reasons only.