|Organization:||Internet Society Yemen Chapter|
|Stakeholder Group(s):||Civil Society/Non-Governmental|
Fahmi Albaheth, President of ISOC-Yemen, an Information technology engineer, Blogger, and Digital rights advocate. He has several local and regional contributions in the Internet governance issues, and previous member of the Arab IGF MAG (2014).
In addition to his interest in freedom of opinion and expression, he is a Digital safety trainer, and working to help activists and human rights defenders to increase their safety and knowledge in the digital world.
He has an experience as web developer, Graphics designer, and Human rights trainer. Fahmi is working as consultant in social media and E-marketing.
- Currently: President of Internet Society - Yemen Chapter
- Co-Founder of Internet Society Yemen Chapter
- Digital Safety Trainer for Human Rights defenders, Journalists, and Media activists
ICANN and Internet Governance Participation
- Fahmi has several local and regional contributions in the Internet governance issues, and previous member of the Arab IGF MAG (2014).
- Organized as a member of ISOC-Yemen the first Internet Governance meeting in Yemen.
- Working to establish the Yemeni Internet Governance Forum
- Participated in the Second Arab Internet Governance Forum, Algiers, 1-3 October 2013
- Participated in the 9th Internet Governance Forum, Turkey
- Participated in the third Arab Internet Governance Forum, Beirut
- Bachelor of Science and Engineering in Information Technology from University of Aden
Publications and Articles
- Recommendations for Yemeni journalists to protect their digital safety
- Time for IG in Yemen
- National Dialogue Conference deliberates over the future of ICT in Yemen
- Selected by Yemeni Organization for Development and Technology (YODET) as the Person of the Year 2017