|Affiliation:||Fellowship Program, GNSO|
Houda Belkassem is a Project Manager with past work experience in IT companies, where she planned and coordinated a number of projects.
Houda joined Hivos  in 2015, as an Internet Policy Analyst/Contributor in the project “IGMENA” (Internet Governance in the Middle East and North Africa. In this role, she conducted research and wrote reports about digital rights including privacy and data protection. She participated as well in various regional and international meetings such as ICANN, Global IGF, and Arab IGF as a Fellow and Speaker.
She intervened in various National Radio Sessions on the topic related to Internet Governance in Morocco. Houda Belkassem has attended several international training, ICT conferences, and capacity-building programs dedicated to Internet policies, FOI, and data protection and privacy.
Involvement in Internet Governance
- IGF :The thirteenth Annual Meeting of the Internet Governance Forum, under the title "Internet of trust". UNESCO-Paris, November 2018.
- AMF Alexandria Media Forum, "Technology, Media and post-truth". Alexandria- Egypt, April 2018.
- NCUC Member (Non-Commercial Users Constituency) - ICANN, since May 2017.
- ACSIS National Focal Point (Africa Civil Society on the Information Society) – since February 2017.
- ICANN57 Fellow, Hyderabad – India, November 2016.
- ICANN55 Fellow Participation Marrakech Morocco, March 2016.
- ICANN53 Fellow, Buenos Aires – Argentine, Juin 2015.
- IGMENA Summit : Contribution as a speaker about "Data protection and privacy in regional level" (case of Morocco). Tunisia, September 2016.
- IGMENA Guest Speaker : Participation as a speaker in IGMENA session about “VoIP vs. Mobile Networks: Disruptive Threat or Innovative Opportunity?”, February 2016.
- IGMENA Guest Speaker: Second intervention on National Radio about “social media and its impact on society” case of Morocco, January 2016.
- Guest Speaker at the Fourth Edition of the Arab Internet Governance Forum AIGF4, under the umbrella of the United Nations- Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia: Contribution as a speaker about "building digital trust for sustainable development" Moroccan case. Beirut-Lebanon, December 2015.
- IGMENA Guest Speaker: Introducing the Internet Policy Analyst Project (case of Morocco) with IGMENA Program on the National Radio, October 2015.
- Online capacity building program on Internet Governance Middle East special edition organized by Hivos Program IGMENA in collaboration with DiploFoundation -Geneva, September to November 2015.
- IGMENA Fellow: Workshop about “Advocacy strategies and arguments ways” facilitated by international center for policy and advocacy (ICPA) and Hivos. Istanbul-Turkey, August 2015.
- Alumna of the Middle East and Adjoining Countries School on Internet Governance (MEAC-SIG) organized by ICANN and hosted by ISOC Tunisia. Tunisia, May 2015.
Internet Policy Analyst Articles
- Data protection and Privacy in Morocco: http://igmena.org/Data-Protection-and-Privacy-in-Morocco
- Censorship and Surveillance in Morocco: http://igmena.org/censorship-and-surveillance-in-morocco
- 'New' Human rights: Archive between the hammer of the principal of documentation and the anvil of the right to be forgotten: http://igmena.org/index.php?p=489
- Building digital trust for sustainable Development: http://igmena.org/index.php?p=535
- Information-Security (Arab IGF) : http://igmena.org/2015-Arab-IGF-Report-Workshop-on-Information-Security-Culture-Knowledge-and-Application
- Digital laws in Morocco: http://igmena.org/index.php?p=582
- https://hivos.org/ Hivos Foundation
- ICANN55 experience: https://www.igmena.org/index.php?p=617