|Email:||jrjahangir [at] gmail.com|
Md. Jahangir Hossain is a founding member and currently board member (Vice Chair) of Internet Society (ISOC) Bangladesh Dhaka Chapter and Founding member of Executive Committee of Bangladesh Network Operator Group (bdNOG).
He has participated ISOC Next Generation Leadership (NGL) program and alumni member of fellow SANOG, APNIC, IETF (from ISOC), ICANN and UNIGF. He has also served as a National Point of Contact (NPoC) of Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC), in support of the United Nations programme on space applications from 2015-2017.
At present he has been working as a Sr. Manager , Data Communication Network in BanglaTel Group a leading International Internet gateway (IGW), International Territorial Cable (ITC) Operator, International Internet Gateway (IIG) and Interconnection Exchange (ICX) operator in Bangladesh.
He is also member of the Multi-stakeholder steering Group(MSG) of Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum (APrIGF). He has been working with various stakeholders and working groups in Asia Pacific and International ICTs community to build regional awareness and capacity building on critical internet resource and internet governance.
- ICANN49: He participated as a fellow in ICANN 49 Singapore
- ICANN51: He participated as a coach & fellow in ICANN 51 Los Angeles, United states
- ICANN60: He participated as an ALS representative for the APRALO General Assembly with community travel program to Abu Dhabi, UAE
Internet Governance Event Participation
- NETmundial - Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance in Brazil 2014.
- Internet Governance Forum 2013 Bali, Indonesia
Hossain has Masters from the Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering from Daffodil International University.
- User Submitted