Jeremiah Johnston is the President at Internet Commerce Association and was the COO and General Counsel at Sedo. He stepped down from his post at Sedo on August 12, 2011. The company has credited him with much of their ability to navigate and work with intellectual property issues and the changing domain name landscape.
He plans to launch his own legal practice and will act as a close advisor to the Sedo Management.
Mr. Johnston has worked with Sedo since 2004 as a general counsel. He has 9 years of experience with leading Internet related companies.
From 2000 to 2004 he was the President of Buran Media, LLC. He has also been the president of Parkandpipe.com for two years. In 2000, he served as the International Programs Director at Higher Ground Learning for nine months.
Mr. Johnston holds a BS in Mass Communication from the University of Utah and a Juris Doctor degree from the Suffolk University School of Law. While studying law, he served as the Managing Editor of the Journal of High Technology Law. At Suffolk, he received distinction for his studies in International Law and Intellectual Property, and he also took time to study In Sweden and work as the Managing Editor of the Journal of High Technology Law.
Awards and Honors
- Mr. Johnston was recognized as a Boston Business Journal 40 under 40 honoree in 2009.
- He has done countless interviews with mainstream business media outlets and in many cases Jeremiah was the person who got those outlets to write about domains in the first place.
- Interview with Mr. Johnston
- Mastering Your Domain Strategy, an article by Jeremiah
- Insider Tips for Selling on Sedo