|Email:||icannwiki [at] liman.net|
Lars-Johan Liman, M.Sc., is Senior Systems Specialist at Netnod Internet Exchange in Stockholm, Sweden. He is the technical lead for Netnod's root name server systems, one of the Internet's 13 root name servers for the DNS system, and is a representative on the ICANN Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC).
Lars-Johan holds a Master of Science degree in Engineering Sciences from The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm, Sweden, majoring in Applied Physics. Between 1992 and 2000 he worked at the combined network operations centre for the Swedish academic and research network SUNET, the joint academic network for the Nordic countries NORDUnet, and one of the first pan-European backbones Ebone (no longer in business). In 2000 he moved to Autonomica, a newly created subsidiary to Netnod. Autonomica was merged into the mother company Netnod in 2010.
Lars-Johan focused on DNS early on and has held various technical and administrative roles related to the DNS over the years. He's been involved with root name service since 1992, and his current functions include:
- Responsible for Netnod's root name server, the first public DNS root name server based outside the USA,
- Member of RSSAC,
- RSSAC's liaison the PTI Customer Standing Committee (CSC),
- Designer and maintainer of DNS systems for dozens of TLDs, including the world's largest ccTLD,
- Active in the DNSOP working group in the IETF,
- Active in the DNS working group in the RIPE community.
Lars-Johan's previous engagements include:
- Co-chair of ICANN's Root Server System Advisory Committee RSSAC,
- Member of ICANN's ICG panel, coordinating the IANA stewardship transition,
- Member of ICANN's Registry Services Technical Evaluation Panel (RSTEP),
- Member of the IETFDNS Directorate,
- Chair of the DNSOP working group in the IETF,
- Member of the program committee for the ICANN meeting in Los Angeles in 1999,
- Member of the Nominating Committee for ICANN's board of directors,
- Member of the gTLD-MOU Policy Oversight Committee during the creation of ICANN,
- Chairman of the working group for the development of new domain name rules for the Swedish top-level domain .SE,
- Assistant investigator at the Swedish Agency for Administrative Development,
- Assistant supervisor for the Internet Mail Consortium's mail interoperability tests, and
- Teacher of Advanced Internet Design at the KTH.
- User Submitted
- User Submitted