|Stakeholder Group(s):||Civil Society/Non-Governmental|
Recovering architect and designer, turned Social Entrepreneur, Jebran founded her first successful startup by the name of Lyl Big Designs during university years, that connected freelance designers to clients, at the moment advising several young entrepreneurs and early-stage startups while serving as CEO & Co-founder of Moubarmijand on the executive board of ISOC Lebanon.
Started PiC, an NGO which was among the final 20 out of 394 worldwide initiatives, at the Hivos Social Innovation Award in the Netherlands in 2014.
Currently, she advises multiple crowdfunding campaigns after two years in Heading the Projects Management Department at Zoomaal and becoming the Crowdfunding Expert in the MENA region. Turning ideas from drafts into fully working applications, and then advising them on successful campaigns.
She also leads Startup Weekend with multiple themes (Startup Weekend Global Editions Competition winner for SW Beirut Environment). Startup Digest Curator Lebanon, Startup Weekend Global Facilitator, Techstars Community Leader for Lebanon.President of the class of 2017 for AMENDS at Stanford and Global Hub Coordinator Lebanon for AMENDS at Stanford.
She is a natural leader with the ability to motivate both individuals and teams and has extensive experience in handling people with considerable empathy. She has developed a profound ability to turn objectives into sales and marketing driven activities to achieve results.
She is passionate about innovations and sustainable projects that can make a difference to the world and enable other people to a better quality of life with better solutions. She actively supports entrepreneurship and women in business.
She recently initiated 105hours.com in December 2017, an online platform that enables entrepreneurs everywhere in the world to connect with mentors for help, free of charge.
Layal also served as a co-founder and helped put into work Cycling Circle and Deghri Messengers. The first bicycle messenger service in the MENA region. She also gives workshops and motivational talks in multiple functions and serves as a mentor, coach, judge, speaker and panelist in different competitions.
She's the girl from Lebanon's tech women entrepreneurs campaign "Who is Layal?" Chosen as part of the Youth Solutions Report 2017 for organizations shaping the world by the United Nations. And was selected as a ChangeMaker for the CMX in Dubai by Ashoka for 2017, AMENDS Delegate for 2017 at Oxford University and the TechWomen Program 2017 an Initiative of the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Layal is the Winner of the #Shabab2030 competition by MBC Hope, Dubai January 2018 and chosen by ICANN for the ICANN61 fellowship in Puerto Rico March 2018.
ICANN and Internet Governance Participation
- School on Internet Governance Beirut, Lebanon Participant 2016
- ICANN 2016 San Juan, Puerto Rico Fellow
- 2011: Architecture & Design - Lebanese University, Faculty of Fine Arts
- 2006: Technical “Baccalaureate” (BT3), Interior Design - North Lebanon College Technical School, Zgharta, Lebanon
- Finalist for the WeHubs Competition in Brussels, Finalist for the WeHubs Competition in Brussels, Certification Date: Nov 2016 License No. 645497 See certificate Finalist for the WeHubs Competition in Brussels
- SIG - MEAC 2016 TitleSIG - MEAC 2016, Certification Date: Aug 2016 See certificate SIG - MEAC 2016
- School on Internet Governance (Middle East And Adjoining Countries) - MEAC, Certification Date: Aug 2016 See certificate School on Internet Governance (Middle East And Adjoining Countries) - MEAC
- Social Media Managers Toolkit Training, Social Media Manager's Toolkit Training, Mar 2016
- APPLE LAUNCHES THE IPHONE 6, 6 PLUS AND APPLE WATCH - Nov 26, 2014, Cloud961 Magazine
- APP REVIEW: CUBAMA, Nov 26, 2014, Cloud961 Magazine
- THE PSYCHOLOGY OF SOCIAL MEDIA: Publication date: Nov 25, 2014, Cloud961 Magazine
- SLEEP TEXTING Publication date: Nov 25, 2014, Cloud961 Magazine
- DEAR CLOUDY: IS MEAN ON SOCIAL MEDIA THE NEW COOL? Publication date: Nov 23, 2014, Cloud961 Magazine
- E-PIRACY: ARE YOU FOR OR AGAINST? Publication Date: Sep 4, 2014, Cloud961 Magazine
- LEBANON’S MOBILE DEVELOPMENT SCENE: Three things to be prepared for when developing. Publication Date: Sep 4, 2014, Cloud961 Magazine
- KITESTRING: Your online/offline emergency whistle, Publication Date: Sep 3, 2014, Cloud961 Magazine
- Gamers Corner: Reviewing flOw, the Zen PlayStation game, Publication Date: May 1, 2014, Cloud961 Magazine
- A Review of the much-anticipated game for iOS, May 1, 2014, Cloud961 Magazine
- MBC Hope #Shabab2030, Nov 2017, MBC Hope & Potential honor description in the final ten winners out of 5000 applications for the #Shabab2030 competition by MBC Hope. http://www.mbc.net/en/corporate/csr/shabab-2030.html
- TechWomen Fellow 2017, TechWomen Fellow 2017, Oct 2017, United States - Department of State honor descriptionTechWomen empowers, connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) from Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East by providing them the access and opportunity needed to advance their careers, pursue their dreams, and inspire women and girls in their communities. Through mentorship and exchange, TechWomen strengthens participants’ professional capacity, increases mutual understanding between key networks of professionals, and expands girls’ interest in STEM careers by exposing them to female role models.
- Ashoka ChangeMakers, Ashoka ChangeMakers, Apr 2017, Ashoka Foundation
- People Choice Prize Winner (Via Voting), People Choice Prize Winner (Via Voting), Nov 2016, WeHubs Enterprising Women In Technology WeHubs is the first European community, powered by Startup Europe, that connects business ecosystems and provides them with mentoring tools to support women entrepreneurs in the digital sector. http://wehubs.eu
- Semi-Finalist for the Hivos Social Innovation Award, Semi-Finalist for the Hivos Social Innovation Award, Dec 2014, Hivos, Qualified to the top 20 out of 394 Initiatives worldwide http://hivossocialinnovationaward.org