|Stakeholder Group(s):||Private Sector - General Business/Legal|
Driving Tech Policy & Strategy. I am a strategist and persistent manager of projects aiming to advance good technological development and awareness. During my career I designed and supported key projects of leading global companies, governments and several organizations aiming to drive a change via technology. Over the years I have worked at various levels in public policy, regulation, law, business development, consultancy and management with a special focus on disrupting technologies and future market needs.
MindSwitch – CEO, Tech Policy & Strategy Expert
(Budapest, Hungary, 2018 - today)
I am assisting and inspiring established companies and start-ups in their strategic projects involving technology. Advising them on policy, regulation, outlook, strategy, project design and guiding them through the process.
Explico CEE – Partner | Associate
(Budapest, Hungary, 2011-2018)
· Advised leading global tech companies (GAFA & alike) and telecommunications operators in 20+ CEE countries. Being the backbone of our tech business line I was in daily charge of all respective client accounts (10+) managing complex public policy, regulatory and legal challenges (ranging from launching new/disruptive services to successful spectrum tenders). I led our dedicated team (5+) on monitoring, analysis, compliance and regulatory strategy, as well as I assisted our clients in managing key relationships with stakeholders or regulators.
· I took a major part in scaling up our company (Explico CEE) supported by our law firm (OPL) to become one of the largest independent public policy boutiques in the CEE region, then launched a dedicated business line on tech (ExplicoTech). Over the years I built up and led a regional team of policy, regulatory and legal experts.
Ministry of National Development – Head of Department (acting) | Head of Unit
(Brussels, Belgium and Budapest, Hungary, 2010-2011)
· Managed EU legislation in TMT and Space under Hungary's presidency of the Council of the EU. I handled ITU, OECD and ICANN relations and advised on the national digital strategy of Hungary.
· I supervised legislative dossiers (10+) in 5 different policy areas, co-chaired 3 Council working groups and coordinated a team of 10+ located in both capitals delivering an impact on EU legislation.
National Communications Authority – Strategic Project Leader | Associate
(Budapest, Hungary, 2009-2010)
· Worked on regulatory strategy, provided support and informed insights to high-level decision makers of the authority and the government. Prior to that I represented the expert insights of the regulator in inter-governmental legislative consultations.
· I built up a strategic approach towards EU regulatory matters within the authority. I also won a great number of expert debates in legislation and managed to reach many compromised texts.
Prior to this I gained similarly useful and transformative experience in academia (PhD, publications), as a legal intern at a technology law firm in Amsterdam (SOLV) and a mobile SW testing engineer in Finland (BGS/Nokia).
ICANN and Internet Governance Participation
ICANN 60 Fellow/Newcomer
ICANN 64 Fellow
ICANN 66 Participant
Tilburg University Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Law and Technology 2007 – 2009 Activities and Societies: ICONN Student Union, International Sounding Board
University of Pécs Doctor of Law (JD) in Law 2001 – 2007 Activities and Societies: Student Union, Faculty Council
University of Pécs Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in ICT 2007-
University of Tampere Exchange in International Social Sciences, Law 2003 – 2005