|jrjahangir [at] gmail.com
Md. Jahangir Hossain is a founding member and current board member (Vice Chair) of Internet Society (ISOC) Bangladesh Dhaka Chapter and Founding member of Executive Committee of Bangladesh Network Operator Group (bdNOG).
He has participated ISOC Next Generation Leadership (NGL) program and alumni member of fellow SANOG, APNIC, IETF (from ISOC), ICANN and UNIGF. He has also served as a National Point of Contact (NPoC) of Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC), in support of the United Nations programme on space applications from 2015-2017.
He also have also served as an elected member representing the Asia-Pacific Region in the Internet Society's Chapters Advisory Council Steering Committee (ChAC SC) in 2017 and as a non-geographical member in 2018
At present he has been working as a Head of Network & Cybersecurity Audit, Strategic Business Development at Walton Hi-Tech Industries PLC. in Bangladesh.
He is also a member of the Multi-stakeholder Steering Group(MSG) of Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum (APrIGF). He has been working with various stakeholders and working groups in Asia Pacific and International ICTs community to build regional awareness and capacity building on critical internet resources and internet governance.
- ICANN49: He participated as a fellow in ICANN 49 Singapore
- ICANN51: He participated as a coach & fellow in ICANN 51 Los Angeles, United States
- ICANN60: He participated as an ALS representative for the APRALO General Assembly with community travel program to Abu Dhabi, UAE
Internet Governance Event Participation
- NETmundial - Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance in Brazil 2014.
- Internet Governance Forum 2013 Bali, Indonesia
Hossain has a Master's from the Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering from Daffodil International University.
- User Submitted