Mr. Arrington was the CEO of Pool.com prior to starting TechCruch. He rose to prominence because of his blog TechCrunch. From 2002 to 2003, he was the CEO of RazorGator. Prior to which, he was the VP of Operations and General Counsel at Global Name Registry.
In the year 2000, he co-founded Achex and worked there as the VP of Business Development for almost a year and a half. In 2001, Achex was acquired by First Data Corp. for $32 million. He has also been the VP of Business Development & General Counsel at RealNames Corporation.
Michael started off as a Corporate Attorney at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati and practiced Law for two years. He also practiced law at O’Melveny & Myers. He made $1 Million in a year selling domain names.
Awards and Honors
- He held the 10th rank in Forbe's Web Celeb 25 in 2009.
- In May 2008 Time Magazine named Michael Arrington as one of the world’s 100 most influential people.
- He is widely considered by magazines like Forbes and Wired to be one of the most Intelligent individuals in the Internet Industry.
- TechCrunch on Fox 2
- Charlie Rose- Brent Scowcroft, Michael Arrington, Peter Orszag
- Charlie Rose - Michael Arrington / Lee Scott
- His posts on TechCrunch.
- The Way I Work: Michael Arrington
He holds a JD. in Law from the Stanford Law School and a B.A in Economics from the Claremont McKenna College.