Veiga has held the following positions:
- Manager of the Operational Programme Information Society (2000-2002)
- Team Member of Mission for the Information Society (1996-2000)
- Member of the Board of the International Institute for Software Technology in the United Nations University (since 2000)
- Visiting Scientist at the Joint Reasearch Centre of the European Union in Ispra, Italy (between 1989 and 1990)
- He participated in the inception of .pt
- Member of the ICANN GAC
As a Teacher
He started teaching in 1973 in IST in the disciplines of Statistics and then click Computer programming like FORTRAN, ALGOL, Assembly etc. He began teaching the disciplines of Digital Electronics at IST. He also taught courses in Electronics and Applied Electronics Laboratory.
When he completed his PhD he was already teaching a diverse range of disciplines including, microelectronics, Programming (Pascal, C, Modula, ADA), Operating Systems, Compilers, Development Environments,
He came to FCUL in 1993, and taught in the area of Computer Systems Organization, which include computer architecture, operating systems and computer networks.
- Adaptação dos Sistemas de Informação ao Ano 2000 (Adaptation of information systems to Year 2000)
- Internet in Schools: the Portuguese Approach
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, 1974
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, 1984
- Household Electronics and Computer Engineering, 1982