|Organization:||Cable & Wireless Panama, ISOC Panama|
|Affiliation:||ALAC, DNSSEC, Fellowship Program, GNSO|
|Region:||Latin America and the Caribbean|
|Email:||russell [at] russellbean.co.uk|
Russell Bean is an engineer with managerial, business, IT, and telecom experience. At university and in working for a large multinational player in the telecommunications world. He has worked in both customer-facing and technology-driven departments. He is a longtime member of ISOC and a founding member of ISOC Panama with an interest in the community and educating people on the freedom of the Internet, WiFi in communities, and community networks. He often attends fundraising and charity events. He was the master of ceremony at the Christmas British Ball, entertaining over 300 guests and several ambassadors for various countries in Panama.
Manager IP Engineering Company Name Cable & Wireless (Part of Liberty Global) Dates Employed Apr 2004 – Present
- the engineering department that controls the introduction of new hardware and software along with the technical design of new products for CW Panama.
- implementation of new technologies such as IPTV (triple play), Deep Packet inspection, GPON, DOCSIS 3.0 HFC networks From RFQ process to final testing and engineering guidelines.
- all IP Data and Internet products, including Cisco MPLS network, DSLAM network, Juniper Internet Routers, Dial Platforms, and Metro Optical Ethernet networks.
- MSAN and NGN based networks solutions and next-generation VoIP / PSTN replacement solutions.
- Representing company and director in the Inter-red organisation (Panama’s ISP peering group) and the Latin American IPv6 forum.
- third line support of problems, ranging from ADSL customer issues to MPLS Mobile 3G data back-haul
ICANN and Internet Governance Participation
First time Participating in ICANN 62