|ALAC, Fellowship Program, Other/Special Interest Group
|saidsemail [at] gmail.com
Said Zazai is an IT Technologist who has been active in the field both professionally and academically for over 15 years. Said holds a Master’s in Business (MBA) Degree, specializing in Management of Information Systems, from Canada’s one of leading Business school, the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University. Said’s specializations also include Computer Server Infrastructure, software localization, e-government and Internet Governance.
Said has worked in different international contexts, including Canada, the Middle East and Afghanistan. He has been engaged in working with various industries, including the government, oil & gas, financial sector and retail. He has worked in multi-national corporate environments including Hewlett Packard Canada and the Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Petroleum Operations in the United Arab Emirates.
Said is an avid supporter of strong community mobilization for ICT sector development at national and global levels. While working as the ICT Advisor to the Minister of Finance in Afghanistan, Said co-founded the National Information Technology Professionals Association (NITPAA), a technology civil society in Afghanistan. He was the first president of NITPAA in the year 2015 and is serving the board ever since. Said has also been actively contributing to the field of Internet Governance in Afghanistan since 2014.
Said has participated in a number of regional and global Internet Governance events, including;
- Middle East School on Internet Governance
- ICANN 52 Meeting in Singapore
- ICANN 59 Meeting in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Internet Governance Forum (IGF) 2015 in Joao Pessoa, Brazil
Said has organized a number of events for NITPAA in Kabul as part of national civil society capacity building, these include;
|Introduction to ICANN, Internet Governance & IANA Transition
|Fahad Batayenah, ICANN
|Panel Discussion on Internet Services Impact on Small Medium Businesses (SMEs)
|Introduction to Security Incident Response Teams
|American University of Afghanistan
|VMware Vsphere Install Configure Manage V5 Series [5 days]
|Afghanistan School on Internet Governance (AfSIG) 2017
|APSIG, APTLD, ICANN, Wasel Telecom, Liwal Soft
- Issues and challenges of managing country code Top Level Domain Name (ccTLD) in South Asia, at APrIGF 2015 in Macao.
- Cybersecurity Incidents In South Asia And Developing Regional Collaboration, at APrIGF 2016 in Taiwan.
- Ethics in data mining, at Kabul University.
- Impact of Big Data Analytics, directed towards private businesses at Kabul.
- Local Language support and local content development, at Afghan School on Internet Governance 2017.
Said has a Bachelors degree in Computer Science from Preston University. and Masters in Business Administration (MBA) specializing in Information Systems and Organizational Management from McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada.
Said speaks Pashto, Dari, Urdu and English.