Mr. Kveton has worked with companies like Amazon.com, Rulespace.com and Vidoop in managerial and technical positions. He was a co-founder of the Open Source Lab helping open source projects like Mozilla, Linux, Apache, Drupal prepare for mainstream usage.
His previous appointments include:
- Vice-Chair at OpenID Foundation (2009 – 2010)
- Treasurer at Open Web Foundation (2008 – 2009)
- Interim President at Software Association of Oregon (2009)
- VP of Engineering at Vidoop LLC (2008 – 2009)
- VP Open Platforms at MyStrands (2007 – 2008)
- CEO at JanRain, Inc. (2006 – 2007)
- Associate Director at OSU Open Source Lab (2003 – 2006)
- Senior Systems Administrator at Oregon State University (2001 – 2003)
- Senior Unix Systems Administrator at Rulespace, Inc. (2001 – 2002)
- Website Engineer at PDA Verticals, LLC (2000 – 2001)
- Unix System Engineer at Amazon.com (1999 – 2000)
He has been a member of the Board of Advisors of Legion of Tech. Scott served as an Advisor to Shizzow, Citizen Agency and Clickpass. He was also a member of the technical board of advisors to the LinuxFund.org and Open Technology Business Center.
Awards and Honors
- In December 2005, he was named as InformationWeek’s ‘Change Agents’.
- In December 2006, he was named to Red Herring ‘25 Titans in Waiting’ – JanRain Man.