|Welcome to ICANNWiki||
Dynamic Coalition for DNS Issues (DC-DNSi)
The Dynamic Coalition for DNS Issues (DC-DNSi) was established to foster a multistakeholder discussions around DNS issues that complement the work being done within ICANN and the IETF. The group held its first meeting at the 2018 Internet Governance Forum in Paris, France. The initial focus of the DC-DCNSi will be Universal Acceptance and will look to build on the work done by the Universal Acceptance Steering Group (UASG).
The group cites four premises that motivate its work:
- Universal Acceptance (UA) helps mitigate the digital divide by providing a more natural, familiar way to access the internet.
- UA has the economic potential to benefit enterprises by increasing the markets they could serve with products and services.
- IDNs help to enhance linguistic diversity in cyberspace.
- Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) are accurate predictors of the language of web content.
Create a Person Page
1. Login or Create Account
2. Enter the full name of the person that you would like to create an article for.
3. Fill out the form with all the relevant information and "Save Page."
4. After Saving Page, Click the "Edit" Tab and delete any unused headings.
ICANN62 marks the 2018 Policy Forum and is being held from 25-28 June 2018 in Panama City, Panama at the Megapolis Convention Center. It is being hosted by Autoridad Nacional para la Innovación Gubernamental. During this week long meeting, the community will gather for policy development processes in action, cross-community collaboration, and much discussion on the important issues facing ICANN and the community. Additional focus will be on outreach, capacity building, and showcasing ICANN’s work to a broader global audience.
Key topics in Panama City will include discussion on the Next-Gen RDS, Rights Protections Mechanisms, Subsequent procedures and a number of other issues.
Meeting Resources: Official Meeting Page - Official Schedule - ICW Quick Guide - GNSO Briefing - Pre-ICANN61 Policy Report