|Registry Backend:||GMO Registry|
|Date Implemented:||02 March 2014|
|Parked Domain %:||73.86 %|
|Delegation:||02 March 2014|
|General Availability:||14 October 2014|
.okinawa is a delegated gTLD ICANN's new gTLD program. Two entities, BusinessRalliart Inc. and GMO Registry, both originally announced intentions to apply for the extension. Both entities also declared intentions to apply for .ryukyu as well. Furthermore, both companies are included in a list of 4 Japanese companies that received approval from the Government of Osaka to apply and run .osaka.
Okinawa is a southern Prefecture in Japan, and it is a major part of the Ryukyu chain of islands.
Delegation and Availability
- Japan Gets Two new geo TLD projects, DomainIncite.com
- News Article, GMO.jp
- Four Companies Given Ok for Osaka, DomainIncite.com
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 5 March 2014
- Japans First GeoTLD Announcement Ryukyu Okina, UrbanBrain.Posterous.com
- Okinawa Prefecture, en.Wikipedia.org
- Donuts Portfolio Swells as ICANN Signs 31 New gTLD Contracts, DomainIncite Retrieved 06 Dec 2013