|Manager:||Ville de Paris (City of Paris)|
|Registry Provider:||AFNIC-CORE Partnership|
|Registry:||City of Paris|
|Date Implemented:||19 April 2014|
|Parked Domain %:||58.59 %|
|Delegation:||19 April 2014|
|General Availability:||02 December 2014|
.paris is a delegated GeoTLD managed by Ville de Paris (City of Paris) in ICANN's new gTLD expansion program. It will serve as a dedicated online space for Paris to promote its businesses, culture and tourism. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 19 April 2014.
The City of Paris announced its plan to apply for the .paris TLD in June 2008. INDOM served as consultant for the .paris project, which was launched by Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoë and Deputy Mayor Jean-Louis Missika in 2009. They also launched a website and a PR and communications campaign to encourage the Parisian community to support the project.
Following the launching of the .paris project, the City of Paris selected AFNIC & CORE to provide technical support for the .paris TLD application to ensure its approval by ICANN. AFNIC is a non-profit organization serving as the registry operator for France's country code top level domain name (.fr) and several French territories including .re (Reunion Island), .yt (Mayotte), .wf (Wallis and Futuna), .tf (French Southern Territories) and .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon). CORE is a Swiss-based non-profit organization offering registrar services accredited by ICANN.  
The application is a Community Priority Application. The community has been defined in conjunction with the city to include only those individuals and entities that have a verifiable presence or connection to the city of Paris. Registration will require verification of one of the following: their residence or second home, office or place of business, a branch or permanent establishment in the City of Paris, or; a contact listed in the Whois database with a domicile in the City of Paris, or; other appropriate proof e.g. the certification by an employer to enroll at a school or college, or birth certificate.
Delegation and Availability
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 30 May 2014
- The .Paris A Real Project. DomainesInfo.
- Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoë and Deputy Mayor Jean-Louis Missika launch .PARIS. New gTLDS, Stephane Van Gelder. Published 2009 December 10.
- DotParis official website now open. New gTLDS, Stephane Van Gelder. Published 2009 December 9.
- Cest Quoi Le Paris. Soutenonspointparis.fr
- AFNIC/CORE chosen by the Ville de Paris to manage the .paris extension. Afnic. Published 2009 October 2.
- About CORE. CORE.
- Application 1-1087-47153. Retrieved 23 November 2012
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 03 Feb 2014