Alice Wanjira Munyua
|Email:||alice [at] apc.org|
- Wanjira-Munyua completed her M.A in Social Communications from Pontifical Gregorian University in Italy.
- During the first WSIS Prep Com held in Geneva in July 2002, She chaired the Civil Society Caucus.
- She worked with the African Women's Development and Communication Network. She was the program officer in charge of communication.
- She has also worked as a project manager with Ndizathuzomwe Project Malawi.
- She joined the CCK board in May 2005 and after completion of her first term in 2008, she renewed it.
- At several institutions she has trained students in gender mainstreaming, Internet law and negotiation skills.
Researches and Publications
Alice has over the years been engaged with the civil society on a number of initiatives involving research and development communication
- In 2008 she published a research that was titled Women entrepreneurs in Nairobi: examining and contextualizing women’s choices Read here
- She also wrote a report named as Harnessing The Power Of The Cell Phone By Women Entrepreneurs. Available online
- She also wrote Role of Information and Communication Technologies in the Development of African Women in 2004. Read here