Dave Piscitello is Senior Security Technologist at ICANN. He is also an ICANN SSAC Fellow and President and Principal Consultant at Core Competence, Inc. Dave has been involved with Internet technologies for over 35 years and has developed standards and products for broadband access, routing, network management and security. He is a co-author of three books, several Internet RFCs, and numerous articles, technology reviews, and editorials for print and online publications. Dave left the private sector consulting and his company, Core Competence, to provide technical support for security and policy activities at ICANN, the International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. He works for several security communities to mitigate malicious use of the DNS and domain registration systems.
- Senior Security Technologist, ICANN, 2007-present.
- President, Core Competence, 1993-2007.
- Telecommunications Series Consulting Editor, Artech House Publishers, 1994-2002.
- Member of Technical Staff, Bell Communications Research, 1988-1993.
- District Manager, Unisys Corporation, 1982-1988.
- Member, AntiPhishing Working Group Internet Policy Committee, 2007-present.
- Founder and Program Chairman, The Internet Security Conference, 1999-2002.
- Advisory Board Member, Covad Communications Company, 1997-2001.
- Advisory Board Member, CoSine Communications Corporation, 1999-2002.
- Technical Advisory and Program Committees, Networld+Interop, 1989-2005.
- Program Committee Chairman, Networld+Interop, 1994-2005.