|Email:||eric [at] schaetzlein.de|
Eric Schaetzlein (or Schätzlein) is an Independent IT Consultant and a Member of the Supervisory Board, Gameforge AG. He is the former co-founder and Senior Advisor to the Board at Schlund + Partner.
Schaetzlein has double nationality, German and French, but was born and currently lives in Germany. He has a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science at the University of Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Supervisory Board, Gameforge AG, (Chairman since 2007), 2006 - Present.
- Independant IT Consultant, 2006 - Present.
- Senior Advisor to the Board, Schlund+Partner AG / 1&1 Internet AG, 2005 - 2006.
- CTO, Schlund+Partner AG, 2001 - 2005.
- Supervisory Board, DENIC eG, 2003 - Present.
- Advisory Council, nic.at, 2001 - 2005.
- Member of the Board and Executive Committee Member, Afilias Ltd., 2001 - 2007.
- Co-Founder, Schlund+Partner AG , 1995 - 2005.
- Consultant, Gerkhard Software, 1992 - 1994.
Schlund + Partner
In 1995, Eric co-founded Schlund+Partner. He joined the management board of Schlund+Partner in 2001 as Chief Technical Officer and was responsible for the domain services department. He designed and implemented the company's domain registration and DNS system, which has currently registered over 1 million domain names; Eric also co-designed Schlund+Partner's .com/.net/.org Registrar system, providing expertise with the NSI-RRP.
In 1994, Schaetzlein worked at the German Registry, DENIC, responsible for the task of automating the registration process; there he developped a system which has now, in its current version, registered more than 8 million .de domain names.
In 2001, he joined the supervisory board of DENIC.
Other ccTLD and Professional Organizations
He has been a Member of the Board of Afilias Ltd., the registry managing .info and .org domains. Mr. Schaetzlein is a private member of ISOC and has attended numerous workshops on political, legal and technical domain name issues, like the ICANN Studienkreis, ECLIP, as well as RIPE Meetings.