|Email:||gbruen [at] knujon.com|
Garth Bruen is the Owner of KnujOn, which sees him focusing on anti-spam efforts. The name of the company is "No Junk" spelt backwards. He is also a member of various anti-spam and cyber crime organizations, such as the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG), HTCIA, and Infragard.
His anti-spam efforts are largely focused on shutting down the spammers websites through coordinating with their ISPs and registrars, not on filtering or blocking, which he sees as options that effectively ignore rather than solve the problem. KnujOn has shut down more than 30,000 spam sites, and has been aided in this by Internet users who forward the organization their junk mail. The junk mail is used to create a database that links sites to known spammers.
From 1998 to 2011, he was the Enterprise Content and Project Manager at the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency. He has worked in different industries including programming, policy development, private security and banking. In 2005, he provided 2 Months of Freelance Coding Assistance for the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Navy. He was the Computer Operations Coordinator at Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency from 1998 to 2000. Prior to which, he was an IT Manager at David P. Ehrlich Company. He also worked an Intern to the Honorable John Lepper of Commonwealth of Massachusetts, House of Representatives in 1996.
Meetings and Conferences
- Speaker at National Center for Justice and the Rule of Law/National Attorneys General Training and Research Institute in 2011.
- Panelist - E-Crimes and Malicious Use in the DNS at Internet Governance Forum USA in 2010.
- Presenter at CyberSecurity Expo University of Memphis in 2010.
- Presenter and Panelist at ICANN At-Large Sessions In Mexico City.
- Keynote Speaker at MIT Spam Conference 2009.
Garth Bruen holds a B.S. in Criminal Justice from Northeastern University, Masters in Public Administration from Suffolk University and a Software Engineering Certificate from Northeastern University.
- Whois, DNSSEC and Domain Security: An Interview With Garth Bruen of Knujon
- Garth Bruen: NARALO Member@ Dakar Oct 30,2011