Javier Rua-Jovet is a former Puerto Rican public servant and telecoms regulator and currently focuses on public-interest, legal and government affairs.
Rua-Jovet was initially in the field of natural resources, environmental and energy issues, and now also focuses on ICTs in general & ICT4D.
- President/CEO of JRJ Consultants & Legal Services, LLC (2017-)
- Chairman of Telecommunications Regulatory Board of Puerto Rico (2013-2017)
- Vice-Chair and Chair of REGULATEL (2013-2016)
- Private legal practice (2009-2012)
- Chairman of Environmental Quality Board of Puerto Rico (2008)
- Undersecretary of Natural and Environmental Resources of Puerto Rico (2004)
Rua-Jovet is currently an ALAC member for North America Region.
Involvement in Internet Governance
Originally as Chair of REGULATEL (Latin American Forum of Telecommunications Regulators), an observer organization at GAC, now ALAC member for North America (NomCom selected). As REGULATEL Chair, established formal MOU relationship between Latin American Regulators and ICANN, signed by former CEO/President Chehade. Also active within VirtualEduca, an Organization of American States program on Internet//education best practices and CANTO, the Caribbean Association of National Telecommunications Organizations.
- BA, Boston College
- JD, University of Puerto Rico School of Law
- LL.M George Washington University