|Organization:||Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities|
Joan Kerr is a lifelong entrepreneur, artist, and humanitarian. She has over 40 years of management in both the private and civil society sectors.
Kerr is a facilitator on subjects including Intercultural Studies, How to manage a Small Business, and Designing a Victory Garden to maximize eco-healthy lifestyles.
In addition to being an entrepreneur, Joan manages the Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities (fbsc.org), which engages community members to act by providing easy and fun ways to preserve the planet.
As the Humanitarian Advisor for the IEEE Humanitarian Initiatives Committee, Chair of IEEE Smart Villages Project, Sustainable Agriculture Working Group, which has a focus on engineering and its impact on communities.
- Joan Kerr, President & CEO 1984-present,
- Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities, President & CEO, 2003-Present
- Program Director, Women Indeed Resource Centre 1994 to 2000
ICANN and Internet Governance Participation
- 2012: ICANN Toronto
- 2014 NPOC Membership Chair
- 2017 NPOC Chair
- Horticulture, University of Guelph (Master Gardener Program)
- Facilitation, ICA 1993
- Lifelong Learner
WSIS Award for Content & Creativity