|Email:||jcurran [at] arin.net|
John Curran is considered an Internet and telecommunications industry expert. Curran was one of the founding members and is the current President and Chief Executive Officer of the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN), a Regional Internet Registry (RIR). He is also a Principal Associate at Isotropic, LLC., a cybersecurity and telecommunications service provider. Curran actively participates in the activities of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and has served as co-chairman of the Operations and Network Management Area and member of IPng (IPv6) Directorate.
Curran has previously held the following positions:
- EVP, COO & Chief Technology Officer, ServerVault, 2004-2009
- Founder and Chairman, American Registry for Internet Numbers, 1997-2004
- Chief Technology Officer & VP of Technology and Engineering, XO Communications, Inc., 1999-2004
- Chief Technology Officer, GTE Internetworking, 1997-1999
- Chief Technology Officer, BBN/BBN Planet, 1990-1997 
As President and CEO of ARIN, John is involved in the different activities, meetings, and is in constant communication with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, specifically regarding allocations of IP addresses, issues regarding IPv4 depletion, and the implementation of IPv6. He currently serves are Secretary of the Number Resource Organization (NRO), which serves as the ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO).