Welcome to ICANNWiki
is an independent encyclopedia on the world of ICANN
. The following industry leaders have come together to bring you this community driven project:
Nigel Roberts is the Founder, Director, and CEO of the Island Networks group of companies, which run the ccTLDs .gg (Guernsey) and .je (Jersey). He was one of the first elected members, representing the ccTLD Constituency, of ICANN's Domain Name Supporting Organisation, which subsequently separated into the GNSO and ccNSO. He has been involved with ICANN since its very beginnings, and was involved in the International Forum on the White Paper. He has set up a site to detail his legal battles over spam issues with Media Logistics, and more broadly support anti-spam efforts and information dissemination. Mr. Roberts speaks 4 languages and has lived in 8 different countries. He was involved in creating the British Overseas Internet Society.....read more
Did you know...
- ... that a narwhal's tusk is one of its two teeth, that all male but only only some female narwhals have tusks, and that scientists do not know why narwhals have tusks?
- ... that, on occasion, mysterious sounds are recorded underwater, and no one knows where they come from? One famous one is The Bloop, which was much louder than even the loudest underwater animals (whales).
- ... that, of the 17,000 words Shakespeare used, over 1700 are recorded for the first time in his works.
- ... that there are twelve species in the Vulpes genus, but 25 other species are commonly referred to as "foxes"? The Red Fox, or Vulpes vulpes, is often called the "true fox."
- ... and some other stuff actually related to this website?
“ICANNWiki is not ICANN. ICANNWiki is a separate non-profit organization independent from ICANN. This website is operated by the ICANNWiki organization and any donations made to the ICANNWiki website are for the ICANNWiki organization only.”