|Type:||Publicly traded under Clarivate Analytics (NYSE:CCC)|
|Industry:||Internet, Corporate Domain Registration|
|Founded:||San Francisco, CA, 1998|
|Headquarters:||3540 E Longwing Ln #300|
Meridian, Idaho 83642
|Businesses:||domain portfolio management, acquisition services, enhanced security|
|Products:||Corporate domain registration and related services|
|Statton Hammock, V.P., Head of IP Strategy, Gov't & Industry Relations|
MarkMonitor is a corporate domain name registrar and portfolio manager and provider of domain related services to many of the world's most trafficked domain names and global brands. The company was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in Meridian, Idaho, with offices in London and Beijing. MarkMonitor is owned by parent company, Clarivate Analytics, a publicly traded company (NYSE:CCC) that holds scientific research data and other intellectual property management companies including Web of Science, Cortellis, TechStreet, Derwent, CompuMark, and Darts-IP.
As of January, 2020, MarkMonitor had over 935,000 domain names under its management. MarkMonitor is an active participant in ICANN's multi-stakeholder policy development process having representatives in the Registrar Stakeholder Group, the Intellectual Property Constituency and the Business Constituency.
- 2001- MarkMonitor announced strategic alliance with Lexis-Nexis, a research solution provider company.
- 2003- MarkMonitor announced a merger with Alldomains.com, a domain registration and management providing company from California. 
- 2004- MarkMonitor announced participation in a comprehensive effort to stop online fraud, sponsored by the FSTC. The other participants included America's largest financial institutions, like: Citicorp, JPMorgan Chase, Comerica, Visa USA, ABN AMRO, KeyBank, Capital One and University Bank, and others. 
- 2005- MarkMonitor signed partnership contracts with AOL to develop a new initiative to protect its users against phishing. 
- 2005- It was announced that MarkMonitor, with Cyota Inc. and Internet Identity , would regularly provide information on confirmed phishing websites as part of efforts to help enhance the protection offered by Microsoft. 
- 2005- MarkMonitor annouced to work with Open Technology Solutions (OTS) to provide anti-phishing and fraud protection services.
- 2006- MarkMonitor announced the closing of a $12 million venture capital investment led by Cargill Ventures. 
- 2006- MarkMonitor and Sports Marketing Surveys formed an alliance to protect the 2006 World Cup and Olympic Winter Games Brands online.
- 2008- MarkMonitor signed a deal with TUV Rheinland Group's Brand Risk Management service (BRM) to offer the customers brand protection solution. U.S. Central Credit Union and its 26 member corporate credit unions deployed anti-phishing solutions from MarkMonitor in February 2008. 
- 2009- MarkMonitor announced AntiFraud Solutions, a patented technology that would enable brand owners to prevent, detect and respond to phishing and malware attacks. 
- 2010- MarkMonitor acquired DtecNet Software, a global anti-piracy company for an undisclosed amount of money. 
- 2012- MarkMonitor was acquired for an undisclosed sum by Thomson Reuters, as part of the company's new Intellectual Property & Science business unit.
- 2017- MarkMonitor was acquired for an undisclosed sum by Clarivate Analytics
- 2019 - MarkMonitor sells its brand protection business to OpSec Security.
Product And Services
- Corporate Domain Registration and Management Services including portfolio management and optimization, registry locking, advance security protocols, DNS, gTLD blocking, anonymous acquisition services, and UDRP prosecution.