Martin Levy has the Network Strategy position at Cloudflare He was previously the Director of IPv6 Strategy at Hurricane Electric Internet Services, and an internationally recognized expert on IPv6 and other important industry topics.
Mr. Levy ran for election as the ASO's representative to the ICANN Board in 2012. The Organization voted in May, 2012 and lost to the incumbent Ray Plzak. In 2015, Mr. Levy is running for a second time for the same board seat.
Mr. Levy has been working with TCP/IP since the early 1980's, and was involved in the publication of the first TCP/IP RFCs. He was born in England but later moved to New Jersey, in the United States, to work as a software developer at Bell Labs. He worked in New Jersey for seven years and then moved to California.
Mr. Levy has built networks in California, the US, Europe, Latin America and now in Asia. He joined Hurricane Electronics in 2008.
He has worked at several companies including CMGI, Internex Information Services, XO Communications, Inc., Newton Technology Partners, Telecom Italia Sparkle, Latin American Nautilius, Gigamon Systems and Swan Labs. Among the most recent jobs in his career, he has been the CTO of Digital Campaigns and a Consultant at Mahtin, Inc.
He is a regular speaker at conferences and workshops and attends many meetings.
- Addressed the need for IPv6 deployment in the Domain Business at ICANN 41 in Singapore, June 2010.
- Addressed attendees at the V6 World Conference about Progress of Transition to Global IPv6 Connectivity.
- Moderated Carrier Panel at the Inter-Agency IPv6 Meeting in 2011.
- Discussed IPv6 Transition at FOSE 2010.
- Speaker at the TXv6TF 2010 IPv6 Summit.
- Discussed Global IPv6 Adoption at The Digital Government Institute’s IPv6 Conference in 2010.
- Speaker at India IPv6 Summit in 2009.
- Delivered the keynote address at the Slovenian IPv6 Summit in 2009.
- Cloudflare blog Entries authored by Martin Levy
- Video: Global Deployment by Martin Levy Hurricane Electric (Part 1)
- Video: Global Deployment by Martin Levy Hurricane Electric (Part 2)
- Video: Why IPv6 Today?
- Video: Martin Levy of Hurricane Electric on IPv6 Deployment
- Enabling IPv6, one step at a time
- Why IPv6 Today? Martin Levy interviews with Brocade
- Martin Levy Explains Hurricane Electric’s Success in a Tough Economy
- The state of the IPv6 global Internet
- IPv6 Traffic Levels on Hurricane Electric’s backbone
- Hurricane Electric IPv6 Native Backbone – Massive Peering!
- Hurricane Electric What do around 12,000 IPv6 users actually do?
- Global review of NAP’s and IX’s for IPv6 peering
- IPV6 Deployment Experiences – or what’s it really like hearing “IPv6 IPv6 IPv6” every day
- Do we need consistent IPv6 addressing at peering points? Do we need a cleaner IPv6 routing tables?
- Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Global Backbone and Services
- IPV6 and the NETWORX Carriers – IPv6 status and plans
- IPv6 within the global Internet
- ICANN Board Seat Up for Reelection, DomainIncite.com
- 2015 ICANN BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION
- I joined Cloudflare on Monday along with 5,000 others
- Google.com PDF