Nominating Committee Appointees
Nominating Committee Appointees (NCAs) are selected by ICANN's NomCom, which is responsible for filling positions on the ICANN Board, two PTI Directors, three members of the GNSO Council, five members of the ALAC, and three seats on the ccNSO Council.
NomCom Appointment to ICANN Board
NomCom Appointment of PTI Directors
NomCom Appointment to GNSO Council
The ICANN NomCom appoints three of the members serving on the GNSO Council. The ICANN Bylaws describe the process through which Nominating Committee Appointees (NCAs) are assigned within the GNSO Council.
According to Article X, Section 3(1((e) of the Bylaws, one NCA will be non-voting but can otherwise participate with the other members of the GNSO Council including the election process of the Chair. One voting NCA will be assigned the Contracted Party House and one to the Non-Contracted Party House.
Current NCAs to GNSO Council
- Syed Ismail Shah (Asia/Australia/Pacific) - Voting Non-Contracted Party House (AGM 2019)
- Carlos Raul Gutiérrez (Latin America) – Voting Contracted Party House (AGM 2019)
- Erika Mann (Europe) – Non-Voting (AGM 2018)
NonCom Appointment to ALAC
Current NCAs to ALAC
- Greg Shatan, United States of America, 2020 - 2022
- Pari Esfandiari United Kingdom, 2020 AGM - 2022 AGM
NomCom Appointment to ccNSO Council
Three seats of the ccNSO are also filled by the NomCom, one of which needs to be renewed per year. The NomCom focuses on filling these seats with people from other business perspectives than ccTLDs, which makes the NCAs different from the other members of the ccNSO Council.
Current NCAs to ccNSO
Open NCA Positions
The 2021 NomCom will fill nine open leadership positions:
- Three members of the ICANN Board of Directors (three-year term)
- Three regional representatives to the ALAC, one from Africa, Asia/Australia/Pacific Islands, and Latin America/Caribbean regions (two-year term)
- Two members of the GNSO Council (two-year term)
- One member of the ccNSO Council (three-year term)