|Email:||tom [at] acig.com.au|
Tom Dale works for the ACIG, the Australian Continuous Improvement Group, where he provides Secretariat services to the GAC. He represents the Contracted Party House for the Asia Pacific, as a NCA on the GNSO Council.
ACIG is an independent consulting firm engaged to provide secretariat support to ICANN's Governmental Advisory Committee GAC. ACIG’s services to the GAC are completely funded by three GAC members: Norway, the Netherlands, and Brazil. However, the ACIG team reports directly to the GAC Chair.
What does the ACIG GAC Secretariat do?
The ACIG GAC Secretariat works in co-operation with ICANN support staff to the GAC, the GAC Chair, and Vice Chairs. Some of ACIG’s main tasks include:
• Prepare and distribute agendas, briefing or summary papers, and other preliminary material to support the formal GAC meetings.
• Provide support to the GAC Chair during GAC meetings.
• Provide support and advice to the GAC Leadership Team, GAC members and to the GAC working groups during the time between GAC’s face to face meetings.
• Continuously review and improve the way GAC operates.
• Provide support and assistance to new GAC members.
Tom is widely experienced with GAC, ICANN, and the domain name sector. He has served as the Australian Government's representative on ICANN’s Government Advisory Committee; was instrumental in the establishment of .au Domain Administration; and Chaired the OECD Task Force on Spam.
Tom is an experienced senior manager, adviser and consultant with a particular focus on the public sector, regulatory policy, legislation and international issues.
- ICANNWiki Intake Form, November 2013
- ACIG, ACIG.com.au