Michelle Scott Tucker
|Email:||michelle [at] acig.com.au|
ACIG is an independent consulting firm engaged to provide secretariat support to ICANN's Governmental Advisory Committee GAC. ACIG’s services to the GAC are completely funded by three GAC members: Norway, the Netherlands and Brazil. However the ACIG team reports directly to the GAC Chair. The ACIG team consists of Tom Dale, Tracey Hind and Michelle Scott Tucker.
What does the ACIG GAC Secretariat do?
The ACIG GAC Secretariat works in co-operation with ICANN support staff to the GAC, the GAC Chair and Vice Chairs. Some of ACIG’s main tasks include:
• Prepare and distribute agendas, briefing or summary papers, and other preliminary material to support the formal GAC meetings.
• Provide support to the GAC Chair during GAC meetings.
• Provide support and advice to the GAC Leadership Team, GAC members and to the GAC working groups during the time between GAC’s face to face meetings.
• Continuously review and improve the way GAC operates.
• Provide support and assistance to new GAC members.
Formerly a senior public servant, Michelle Scott Tucker served on ICANN’s Government Advisory Committee (1999-2002); and led the Australian Government team which originally provided secretariat support to the GAC. In 2010 Michelle was invited to become a senior executive at ACIG and is now one of ACIG’s Directors, with a one-third share in the company. She brings her extensive public and private sector experience in evaluation, process improvement, and operational review to the processes and operations of the GAC.
- ACIG, ACIG.com.au
- ICANNWiki Intake Form, November 2013