|Headquarters:||1775 Wiehle Avenue, Suite 200|
Reston Reston VA 20190 USA
| Roelof Meijer, (Acting Chair)|
Jeff Neuman, Board Secretary
Jay Daley, Board Treasurer
Manoj Srivastava & James Bladel, Board Members
RISG ( Registration Infrastructure Security Group) is a non-profit organization dedicated in finding solutions or developing the best practices to decrease the incidence of internet security threats such as identity theft, phishing and malware distribution.
Public Interest Registry, registry operator of the .org generic top level domain name (gTLD) initiated the establishment of RISG in 2008. Its objective is to help improve the existing internet security. Alexa Raad, CEO of Public Interest Registry was the first elected Chairman of the RISG Board.
The members of the RISG Charter include the Public Interest Registry, SIDN, Afilias Limited, Nominet, NeuStar, Inc.,China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC), Cyveillance, Inc., Melbourne IT, Symantec Corporation, Shinkuro, GoDaddy.com, Inc., MarkMonitor, Network Solutions, McAfee, Internet Identity, Verisign,and InternetNZ.
Activities and Responsibilities
Below are the following activities and responsibilities of RISG members:
- Collaborate with the internet community to develop best practices for Registries and Registrars to prevent internet security threats.
- Appoint a liaison to the Anti-Phishing Working Group every year.
- Actively participate in dialogues and share data with RISG members to facilitate the development of policy to solve or decrease the occurrence of phishing and malware distribution.
- Conduct a meeting every quarter of the year to discuss relevant issues and strategies to achieve the mission of RISG.
- Review the scope and terms of the data sharing plan.
- Adopt procedures to resolve disputes or complaints raised by RISG members.
- Review and approve any official RISG statement for publication.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the RISG Charter annually.